The Opticon™ 2 system has the same standard features as the original Opticon system, with the added capability of two-color detection. Samples are illuminated by a fixed array of 96 blue-green LEDs and detected by two PMTs. The first PMT detects wavelengths between 523-543nm (suitable for detecting SYBR-Green-I-and FAM-labeled probes), while the second PMT detects wavelengths from 540-700nm (suitable for detecting a number of popular fluorophores, including HEX™-, TET™-, TAMRA™-, and VIC®-labeled probes).
- Multicolor capability allows detection of SYBR Green I or FAM in the first channel, and a range of fluorophores in the second channel — including TET, HEX, VIC, and TAMRA — for a multitude of applications such as RT-qPCR* and allelic discrimination.
- DNA Engine® thermal cycler offers precise thermal control, and a temperature gradientfeature permits simultaneous incubation at 12 different temperatures, to optimize reactions in a single run.
- Real-time results allow plotting of signal intensity vs. cycle number and graphically monitoring the thermal profile during the run.
- Extraordinary sensitivity permits reliable detection of one initial template copy, while delivering a linear range of up to ten orders of magnitude in starting copy number (with appropriate chemistry).
- Researcher-oriented software allows quantification of samples and generation of melting curves to verify product identity.
- Innovative optical system incorporates an array of 96 LEDs for excitation and a pair of sensitive PMTs for detection in a robust, no-moving-part design.
- High sample capacity accommodates up to 96 samples in standard, low-profile microplates or strip tubes, making specialized disposables unnecessary.
- A compact footprint (34cm wide x 47cm deep x 60cm high) ensures that the Opticon 2 system comfortably fits on any lab bench.